Embedded Software Developer (m/f)
(in Heidelberg, Germany)
Discovergy is the leading full-service provider of smart metering solutions and the first independent metering point operator in Germany. As a rapidly growing big data company, we collect and process several hundred million measurements every day. With the help of innovative state-of-the-art-technologies we have created a flexible and scalable software architecture, which is constantly being further improved on by our dynamic, highly-qualified development team. Hence, we want to reinforce this team with enthusiastic and excellently skilled developers!
We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic developers joining our dynamic and highly skilled team! Your task is to help to develop our smart meter gateway, a device collecting and transmitting measurement values from different kind of meters: i.g. electrical meters, gas meter, water meters etc.
- Implementation of data acquisition and control protocols for smart meters and sensors
- Configure and design of a linux embedded system
- Development of an embedded device which is secure, fault tolerant und reliable
- Test and delivery of new firmware releases
- Degree in computer science or similar
- Advanced programming knowledge in C or Go
- Experience working in Linux, ideally in an embedded evironment
- Experience in open source projects is a plus
- Experience with writing protocol parsers and network applications is a plus
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Full time permanent contract and competitive salary
- Free choice of computer and equipment
- Pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- Possibility to purchase a job ticket
Are you interested? We are very much looking forward to meeting you in person!