Karriere bei Discovergy
Entdecke dein PotenzialJetzt bewerben
Embedded Test Engineer (m/f)
(in Heidelberg, Germany)
Discovergy is the leading full-service provider of smart metering solutions and the first independent metering point operator in Germany. As a rapidly growing big data company, we collect and process several hundred million measurements every day. With the help of innovative state-of-the-art-technologies we have created a flexible and scalable software architecture, which is constantly being further improved on by our dynamic, highly-qualified development team. Hence, we want to reinforce this team with enthusiastic and excellently skilled developers.
Your task is to write automatic tests for the external and internal interfaces of our smart meter gateway, a device collecting and transmitting measurement values from different kind of meters (e.g. electrical meters, gas meters, water meters), ensuring its correct functionality and the fulfillment of security requirements.
- Setting up a test environment to ensure the functionality of the smart meter gateway with different meters, in different network configurations and unusual environmental conditions
- Simulation of hardware errors (network or power failure, defective meters) by suitable software or hardware
- Simulation of software and configuration errors (expired certificates, invalid control commands, invalid access data, etc.)
- Documentation of the test strategy and the test procedure with subsequent transfer to an external certification body
- Development and implementation of a field test for our Smart Meter Gateway
- Degree in computer science or similar
- Advanced programming knowledge in any language
- Advanced experience in automatic testing
- Security background is a plus
- Experience in open source projects is a plus
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Full time permanent contract and competitive salary
- Pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Free choice of computer and equipment
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- The option to attend a free german language class
- Possibility to purchase a job ticket
Are you interested? We are very much looking forward to meeting you in person!
Our HR Marie-Theres Wünsche will be happy to answer any questions you may have at 06221 7787-431.
Wir brauchen Dich als Verstärkung für unsere anspruchsvollen Aufgaben
Du bist eine herausragende Persönlichkeit und kannst unser dynamisches Team mit Deinem Talent bereichern? Als schnell wachsendes Unternehmen suchen wir dauernd neue Kräfte für unser Team.