Karriere bei Discovergy
Entdecke dein PotenzialJetzt bewerben
Embedded Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
(in Heidelberg, Germany)
Discovergy is the leading full-service provider of Smart Metering solutions and the first independent Metering Point Operator in Germany. As a rapidly growing big data company, we collect and process several hundred million measurements every day. With the help of innovative state-of-the-art technologies, we have created a flexible and scalable software architecture, which is constantly being further improved on by our dynamic, highly-qualified development team.
We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic engineers joining our dynamic and highly skilled team! Your task is to help with the development of our Smart Meter Gateway, a device collecting and transmitting measurement values from different kind of meters (e.g. electrical meters, gas meter, water meters, etc).
- Implementation of data acquisition and control protocols for smart meters and sensors
- Configuration and design of a Linux embedded system
- Development of a secure, fault tolerant and reliable embedded device
- Test and delivery of new firmware releases
- Essential qualifications
- Experience in the field of Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience coding in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python and/or Go
- Experience in algorithms and data structures
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Preferred qualifications
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical fields
- Advanced programming skills in C and/or Go
- Experience with Linux, ideally in an embedded environment
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with writing protocol parsers and network applications
- Other qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced software release environment
- Flexible and open-minded personality
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment
What we offer:
- Full time permanent contract and competitive salary
- Free choice of computer and equipment
- Pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- Free German language classes for non-german speakers
- A subsidized transportation ticket (Job ticket)
Are you interested? We are very much looking forward to meeting you in person!
Our HR Marie-Theres Wünsche will be happy to answer any questions you may have at 06221 7787-431.
Wir brauchen Dich als Verstärkung für unsere anspruchsvollen Aufgaben
Du bist eine herausragende Persönlichkeit und kannst unser dynamisches Team mit Deinem Talent bereichern? Als schnell wachsendes Unternehmen suchen wir dauernd neue Kräfte für unser Team.